Have you been bitten by an animal? If so, follow these steps:

  1. Make sure your tetanus shot is current. If it isn’t or you don’t know, please contact your private health care provider or the Bear River Health Department.
  2. Contact animal control for assistance in capturing the animal. Animal control officers will provide assistance in capturing the animal and begin an investigation on the animal regarding current rabies shots and history. For animal control numbers, please contact your local law enforcement agency. If you are sending an animal specimen to the Utah Public Health Laboratory, please click here to complete the form that will need to be submitted. 
  3. Contact the Bear River Health Department. The health department will coordinate with your private health care provider and animal control to assess your need for rabies vaccination. The health department can be reached at 435.792.6500 or after hours at 1.435.716.8771.