Harmful Algae Present
How to Stay Safe:
- Don’t swim in water that appears to have a harmful algal bloom.
- Don’t boat, water ski, or jet-ski on scummy water. These activities can cause toxins to become airborne, increasing the likelihood you will inhale them.
- Don’t let children play with scum in the water or along the shore.
- Don’t let pets or livestock swim in or drink from scummy waters.
- Don’t swallow water when swimming.
- Shower after coming into contact with recreational water.
- Rinse animals immediately if they swim in recreational water.
- Wash hands with clean water before eating or preparing food.
- Clean fish well and discard the guts.
- Never drink recreational water. Recreational water may contain bacteria, parasites, or viruses, as well as cyanotoxins, that could cause illness if ingested.
- Do not boil water in an attempt to remove toxins, as boiling actually releases more toxins.
- Wash dishes with clean water. Do not use recreational water.
- When in doubt, stay out.
The Warning Advisory for Harmful Algal Blooms at Mantua Reservoir & Willard Bay Pond remain in place. For more information click here.