Lisa Perkins, BRHD’s immunization coordinator, talks about the importance of being prepared for travel which includes being up to date on immunizations. Travel appointments are available at the Health Department and include:
- Personalized assessment of health needs based on your medical history and travel plans.
- Administration of vaccines and/or prescriptions for medications that are required or recommended for the region you plan to visit.
- Education on food and water safety.
- Education about common diseases that are present in the country and personal hygiene information.
- Counseling on general travel safety for the region you plan to visit.
It is recommended that you book a travel appointment 4-6 weeks before travel. For more information call 435-792-6500.