What is the Vehicle Repair & Replacement Assistance Program?
The Logan Utah-Idaho Area experiences poor air quality during the winter months. This is a result of the topographical and meteorological conditions of Cache Valley, which is surrounded by steep mountains. This topography, combined with persistent high-pressure systems, snow-cover, long nights, and weak winds creates strong temperature inversions. The temperature inversions trap pollution by acting as a lid over the valley.
Since a majority of harmful particulates in the air shed are created by motor vehicle emissions, control strategies have focused on that source.
As such, The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) awarded funding to the Bear River Health Department, in conjunction with the Utah Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to develop and run a Vehicle Repair and Replacement assistance program.
- The vehicle does not have to be due for an inspection! As long as the check engine light is on the vehicle may qualify
- If you live, work, or go to school in Cache county or Franklin county you may qualify
- Eligibility based on income and household size. Click HERE to see if you are eligible.
- We can repair 1996 and newer vehicles – up to $1,000
- We can replace 2003 and older vehicles – up to $5,000
Click HERE for more information or to apply.