Clinical Services

Report A Disease

What is reportable?

Utah Law requires that certain diseases and conditions must be reported to Utah public health. Some diseases must be reported immediately while others must be reported within three (3) working days after identification.

Who has to report?

ANYONE with knowledge of a reportable disease is required to report to public health. Most reports will come from healthcare providers, laboratories, healthcare facilities, schools and childcare programs.

How do you report?

Call the Bear River Health Department
(435) 792-6500


Low or no cost immunizations for those who qualify, can bill most major insurance companies (See list of accepted insurances)

Need a copy of your immunization records? 

  • Click HERE to access Utah Statewide Immunization Information System.
  • Click HERE for instructions on downloading the Docket App (a digital database that shares official proof of immunizations).

  Please bring your insurance card and a copy of immunizations you have received if available

Infant Immunization Schedule

Immunizations are one of the most important things a parent can do to protect their children’s health and to prevent disease that can strike at an early age.

Youth and Teen Immunization Schedule

Vaccines are not just for infants. As kids get older, protection provided by some childhood vaccines can begin to wear off. Help your child transition into adolescence in a healthy way by staying up-to-date on pre-teen vaccines.

Adult Immunization Schedule

Immunizations are NOT just for kids, we ALL need immunizations to keep us healthy and to help protect our loved ones. Are you unsure what immunizations you need as an adult? Use this assessment tool to find out.

Travel Shots

Preparing to travel? Protect your health and schedule your travel appointment today. (See list of accepted insurances)

  Please bring your insurance card and a copy of immunizations you have received if available

Your Appointment

Appointments include vaccinations, tips on travel safety, and how to protect your health specific to your destination.

Schedule Today

Schedule an appointment 4-6 weeks prior to travel.
(435) 792-6500

TB Testing

Walk-In's Are Welcome

TB skin tests are placed on Mondays and Tuesdays during regular business hours, Wednesdays until 12 pm, and Fridays until 1pm. Skin tests are not placed on Thursdays.

Tests must be read 48 hours to 72 hours later so plan to return to the clinic for the reading on the appropriate day.

TB Blood Tests

These are done by appointment – please call for more information.

TB Education & Counseling

Appointments for TB education and counseling are on a one on one basis with a TB nurse. Please call for an appointment.
(435) 792-6500

Cancer Screening

Available Exams

  • Breast Exams
  • Pap smears
  • To see if you are eligible, click here.
  • Exams are performed by female screeners

Screening Extras

  • Vouchers for FREE mammogram for those who qualify
  • Referrals to community resources if needed (referrals will cover the cost of certain medical procedures)
  • Counseling and education
  • Mammogram scheduling

Home visitation program

  Home Visit Services for Mom and Baby

Are you expecting a baby or has your little one arrived and are you or your baby currently on Medicaid? Health department nurses can provide support, resources, and answers to your questions. Please call for more information.


Many health services needed to complete the immigration process are available. Translators are available and most insurance are accepted.

Immigration Services

  • Immigration physical done by a civil surgeon who will complete the I-693 form
  • Immigration lab package – includes TB blood test (be aware it can take up to one week to receive results from the lab), syphilis and gonorrhea screening.
  • Immunizations – these are usually a series not just one shot
  • Chest X-rays
  • Verify immunizations for green cards and sign by a civil surgeon

Know Before You Go

Age 14 and up:

  • A government issued photo ID, an unexpired passport or an unexpired driver’s license.

Under age 14:

  • A passport,  birth certificate or ID showing the name, date and place of birth, and the parents’ full names.
  • Any immunization records you may have. If the immunizations are in a foreign language, you are required to submit a full English translation.
  • If you have an A number (alien number), please bring that.
  • Use the name that appears on your birth certificate unless it was changed by a legal action such as marriage. For two last names, include both names and use a hyphen (-) between the names.
  • Post office boxes cannot be used. You will need a full address.

Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing

The health department offers walk-in clinics for diseases such as HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, etc. The fee for these tests varies on the disease. Please call us for more information.

Call Us

For More Information about STDs
(435) 792-6500